Turbo Ranger Forums  

Go Back   Turbo Ranger Forums > General Tech > Interior
Googlemap ME
Register FAQ VB Image Host Members List Award Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
jwide

Userid: 1896
Default Gauges and Pods

Hi where can a guy get a guage pod for a 2011 ranger? Also where to buy some decent guages? Thanks
jwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #2
jareeb
The Cryptic Kid

Userid: 1630

what kinda gauges you need like oil pressure, boost, a/f?
MS2/lc-1 wideband/delta cam/port&polish intake and head./T3/TC internals
jareeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
jwide

Userid: 1896

Whoops I meant a piller gauge pod and yes a/f and boost gauges
jwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #4
radrangerXLT
TRF Tech Advisor (SCT)

Userid: 54

Moved to a more suitable sub-forum.

Gauges and pillar pods can be bought just about anywhere now a days. Ebay and Amazon have some of the cheapest prices.

If you're looking into an A/F gauge, I would suggest getting anything other than one with a narrowband output, they are useless (ask me how I know). You're only other option is a wideband and will only be of use with a wideband O2 sensor hooked up to it. A nice wideband kit would be the Innovate LC-1, can be had on Amazon for under $200.00 and will digitally display your A/F ratio, whereas a narrowband gauge will just have a light bouncing back and fourth

Also, not that you asked but definitely noteworthy, stay away from mechanical oil & fuel pressure gauges as you will have to run an oil and/or fuel line into the cab which is a not so smart idea. Electrical is the way to go.

Converting from Lima to Duratec
radrangerXLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
dangeranger93
"that guy"

Userid: 709

i have glowshift boost and narrowband (useless i agree) and they work good ust got an innovate mtx wideband (not installed), mounted in my vent so no pod. i also have mechanical oil pressure gauges in both my trucks working fine, yeah kinda inconvienent running the line and eletrical would be nice but they work, one is a sunpro and the other is from orieleys cant remember the brand, oreileys one looks cooler though haha
93 Ranger: lowered 7/9ish, stock turbo short block, Ebay center mount header, CXracing T3/T4, big Delta solid roller, Esslinger solid lifters, Crower springs in a ported head, Turbo Smart waste gate, rotated upper 4.0 tb, FMIC, ebay BOV, megasquirt. Just a temporary setup

91 ranger: 4x4, 2.3 turbo, 5 speed, Solid axle in progress bad decisions

My Build
http://www.turborangerforums.com/showthread.php?t=1983
dangeranger93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
muddpawz
TRF Senior Member

Userid: 527

Autometer, glowshift, ebay, Amazon....just Google your year and the type you're looking for. Newer models have 3 gauge pods, where as I have only seen two double pods available for older models.

Not to thread jack, but who makes the steering column pods I have seen and what year are they for, as I can't find one for older, (pre '95) trucks. Anyone know if the mustang column pod can be modified/trimmed to fit a ranger?

I feel if you are planning on relying on the gauges, spend the money and get decent ones even if they aren't radical and match your factory interior!!!

255 pump, 90mm MAF, 72lb injectors, center mount, big fmic, HE351cw, P&P, big valves, Stinger Performance PIMP, HKS BOV, Bo Port 2.5 cam, 5-6 drop, Autometer GS gauges
muddpawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
radrangerXLT
TRF Tech Advisor (SCT)

Autometer.

I don't know if the mustang column pod will work on anything 94 or older. I have one in my truck and I had to take off the upper column piece to get it to fit nicely and I still have to figure out a way to secure it properly. The mustang column pods are designed to be installed over the factory steering column.

Old 03-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #8
Foolee
TRF Senior Member

Userid: 686

Got any pics of the mustang pod installed? I was considering the mustang pod + the 2 pod a piller.

-Darren Lee C.Tech
'97 Ranger XL Flareside 2.3T/WCT5 (2.3T Wip)
'00 Ranger XLT Flareside 4.0L 5 spd 4x4 (RIP)
'00 Audi TT Quattro Coupe (Drama queen the gets jealous when I work on the truck.)
Foolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
radrangerXLT
TRF Tech Advisor (SCT)

Not my truck but this is what it look like installed. It doesn't obstruct anything in the gauge cluster except for the theft light, the right turn signal is still visible.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
muddpawz
TRF Senior Member

Userid: 527

That's what I was looking for! So is it too small/big around the column or..... I could buy one but before I do I just wanted to know if it was even a close fit. My '94 column is more squarish than your 2k but I don't know about widths or length.

255 pump, 90mm MAF, 72lb injectors, center mount, big fmic, HE351cw, P&P, big valves, Stinger Performance PIMP, HKS BOV, Bo Port 2.5 cam, 5-6 drop, Autometer GS gauges
muddpawz is offline   Reply With Quote